Going to Ireland? If you’re going to Ireland or Dublin and don’t have much time, you can follow this Itinerary for the ultimate one day Dublin experience! Now this doesn’t have to be done in just one day and can be split up over a couple of days. However if you only have one day to see Dublin this itinerary will let you experience the best mix of culture and history. Everything in this Itinerary I visited and recommend based off my personal enjoyment.
- 7:00-7:30 Leave your Hotel or Hostel
- 7:30-8:30 Enjoy a traditional Irish Breakfast.
- 8:30-9:00 Head to Trinity College
- 9:00-9:30 Explore the grounds of Trinity College before heading over to the entrance for the Book of Kells
- 9:30-10:00 Explore the short exhibit before looking at the Book of Kells and moving up to the Long Room
- 10:00-10:30 Head down to the Docklands in Dublin to the EPIC Museum
- 10:30-12:00 Explore the EPIC Irish Emigration Museum
- 12:00-12:30 Head over to the Guinness Storehouse
- 12:30-2:30 Explore the Guinness Storehouse taking in the history of Guinness beer and learn how to pour the perfect Pint
- 2:30-3:30 Head over to the Old Jameson Whisky Distillery on Bow St.
- 3:00-4:00 Take the Guided tour of the Jameson Distillery and follow the process of making Jameson then taste test it compared to the leading American and Scottish Whiskeys.
- 4:00-4:30 Head to Dublinia next to Christchurch
- 4:30-5:30 Explore and experience the history of Dublin from the Viking age through the Medieval age at Dublinia
- 6:00-7:00 Grab dinner and do some people watching
- 7:00-7:30 Head to Oliver St John Gogarty’s on Fleet St. for the Traditional Irish music and pub crawl
- 7:30-10:00 Listen to traditional Irish music and drinks during a pub crawl.
- 10:00-12:00 Finish your night as you wish!
Hopefully you will enjoy this itinerary or use it for inspiration on your journey to Dublin!
This is not necessarily the perfect way to see Dublin but it is a schedule that I feel gives you a good layout for a busy day sightseeing in Dublin Ireland.