Paris France Facts
Paris is a beautiful city that is worth visiting. Check out these Paris facts to inspire you to visit this amazing city!
1) Paris was founded in the 3rd Century B.C.
2) Pont Neuf is the oldest bridge in Paris, opening in 1607 A.D
3) You can find Pianos in many of the train stations in Paris, these are there for you to play.
4) The Paris metro is one of the largest in the world
5) The Eiffel Tower was supposed to be a temporary installation, intended to be removed after the 1889 World Fair
6) The main bell of the Notre Dame Cathedral is named Emmanuel and weighs over 13 tons.
7) Notre Dame cathedral is the most visited monument in Paris. More popular among visitors than the Eiffel Tower.
8) There are 470,000 trees in Paris, yes they actually counted them!
9) The Louvre is the largest art museum in the world!
10) Paris is one of the cities lucky enough to have a Disneyland!
11) There is only one stop sign in all of Paris!
12) More than 25 millions tourists visit Paris annually.
13) Parisians love dogs. It is estimated that the number of dogs in the city exceeds the number of children