Barrow Alaska Facts
I’ve always been fascinated with Barrow, Alaska. It sits up there at the top of Alaska. The northern most city in the United States. Check out the following Barrow Alaska Facts!
1) Barrow Alaska is the northern most city in the United States and the 9th northern most city in the world!
2) Barrow has over 60 days each winter where the sun never rises!
3) Barrow sits 320 miles north of the Arctic Circle.
4) Barrow is not connected by road to the rest of Alaska and during many months of the year its inaccessible even by boat, meaning most everything must be flown in!
5) Barrow’s temperatures are at or below zero degrees 160 days per year, while the high temperature is above freezing only 120 days per year.
6) Barrow covers an area of 21.3 sq mi (55.2 km2)
I hope you found these facts interesting! Check out this video on Barrow Alaska from Real Life Lore on YouTube.
Also Check out Winter Packing Tips if you’re going to visit this northern city!