Here are some quotes to fuel the fire of your travel dreams!
1) “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sights of the shore.” – Andre Gide
2) “Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.“ – Paul Theroux
This quote hits true with me. I remember vividly everywhere I’ve been and every experience I’ve had. The one thing I never know is where I’ll wind up next!
3) “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment” – Hilaire Belloc
4) “Not all those who wander are lost.“ – J.R.R Tolkien
5) “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
6) ” Adventure, without it, why live? “- Johan Radcliffe
7) “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
8) “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
Traveling will turn you into the best storyteller. You will be in awe of your destination then want nothing more than to share it with the world.
9) “The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.” – Henry David Thoreau
10) “You don’t have to be rich to travel well.” – Eugene Fodor
This is so true! There are many forms of travel from ultra expensive luxury trips to spending less than $30 a day.
11) “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
12) “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
So true! After starting my first solo travel trip I was definitely out of my comfort zone. I quickly realized that traveling solo was my new comfort zone. Just me and the world.
13) “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
14) “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
Everywhere is my list!
15) “Take only memories, leave only footprints” – Chief Seattle
Best advice that can be given is treating your destination as you would want your home treated. Don’t take anything more than memories and some photographs.
Hope these quotes were able to inspire you as much as they did me! May you have success in planning and dreaming up future adventures!